Answer: Lauryn Hill bestowing her magical voice upon five more renditions of the iconic singer-songwriters tunes on an upcoming tribute compilation, thats what.
Due out July 10th on RCA Records, Nina Revisited: A Tribute to Nina Simone will be unveiled in conjunction with the upcoming Netflix documentary What Happened, Miss Simone? which premieres June 26th. The 16-track collection features a total of six Lauryn Hill blessed covers, testament to Hills undying devotion to Nina Simones indelible legacy. Because I fed on this music, both hers and lovers like her, like my basic food, I believed I always had a right to have a voice, Hill said. Her example is clearly a form of sustenance to a generation needing to find theirs. What a gift.
The collection also features contributions by Lisa Simone (Nina Simones daughter), Mary J. Blige, Jazmine Sullivan, Gregory Porter, Common & Lalah Hathaway, Usher, Grace, and Alice Smith. Stream Lauryn Hills Feeling Good and view the full track listing below.
Nina Revisited: A Tribute to Nina Simone Track Listing:
- Lisa Simone – “Nobody’s Fault but Mine (Intro)”
- Ms. Lauryn Hill – “Feeling Good”
- Ms. Lauryn Hill – “I’ve Got Life”
- Ms. Lauryn Hill – “Ne Me Quitte Pas”
- Jazmine Sullivan “Baltimore”
- Grace – “Love Me or Leave Me”
- Usher – “My Baby Just Cares For Me”
- Mary J. Blige – “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”
- Gregory Porter – “Sinnerman”
- Common & Lalah Hathaway – “YG&B”
- Alice Smith – “I Put A Spell On You”
- Lisa Simone – “I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl”
- Ms. Lauryn Hill – “Black Is The Color Of My True Love’s Hair”
- Ms. Lauryn Hill – “Wild Is The Wind”
- Ms. Lauryn Hill – “African Mailman”
- Nina Simone – “I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free”