Title: Do What I Do
Label: Tokyo Dawn Records
Hood: London, UK
Released: November 19th 2012 (Digital)
You Will Like This If You Like: 4Hero, Bugz in the Attic, Omar
We are all kinds of happy about the launch of this incredible project, UK-based multi-instrumentalist Positive Flow‘s Flow Lines album, which features an incredible lineup of up and coming and classic singers.
One of the best tracks on the album, Do What I Do, features the vocals of British soul legend (and friend to the site), Omar. Wielding a trade baratone, he deftly rides the super soulful and jazzy track that has a laid back Brazilian Bossa Nova flow. We caught up with Omar and asked him how this project came about:
“Jesse and I went to the same secondary school in Canterbury (we used to body-pop in the town centre as well as be big fans of the Jazz-funk era!) And he asked me to get involved , I said No problem” replied Omar.
Listening to this and the other preview tracks on the album, I am convinced (and know you will be too) this is one of the best albums of 2012. We will definitely be reviewing it in its entirety.
In conjunction with the launch, Tokyo Dawn Records, the label responsible for this release, is launching a remix contest for Do What I Do.
How To Participate
- Download the full sample package (including vocals, strings, brass, keys)
- Do your magic! Cut, strech, squeeze, edit the material
- Upload the WAV of your work to the Positive Flow Remix Group at Soundcloud until 01/04/2013
- The TDR crew and Positive Flow will select the ten most exciting remixes for free download
- A community winner will be determined by public voting and an additional jury prize will be announced. Awards include prize money, a compilation feature, free CDs, an exclusive Positive Flow remix and more to be announced.